Points on the body will be chosen for overall well being with the objective of :
* increasing circulation of the blood and Qi (vital energy)
* soothing the nervous system
* stimulate metabolism.
* Promote health digestion.
* maximize the absorption of nutrients in our body
* Decreasing cravings and controlling appetite.
* Tone and shrink the stomach muscle
* Calming & Relax
Acupuncture for weight loss is most effective with a minimum of 7 – 10 treatments over a few weeks time.
To promote the movement of Qi in the body by creating suction on specific acupoints where the Qi stagnated.
It aims to promote :
* Blood circulation
* Removes toxins from the body
* Ensure smooth flow of Qi.
* Releasing of stress and anxiety
* Eliminate water retention
* Stimulate digestive system
* Promote metabolism and bowel movements.
All these functions may lead to weight loss.
Moxibustion therapy is to warm, promotes Qi and Blood circulation and regulates Yin and Yang in the body.
Moxibustion is a therapy of applying moxa cone or warm needling on the selected part or acupoints on the body. Its warming property penetrates into the dermal, transmitted to inner parts of the body through meridians.
Hence, it has the functions of warm the meridians and collaterals, regulate Qi and Blood, regulates physiological functions of the body, improves the immune systems，disease prevention and strengthen
Patients also receive a diet plan that includes healthy, balanced and nutritious food which if they follow, they can maintain weight loss on a long term basis.
Physicians might also prescribe the intake of approved Chinese herbs that assist in elevating metabolism levels and eliminating water retention and food cravings.